Makes 2 ice cream sticks
- 250-300 grams medium-sized strawberries (organic)
- 200 grams plain, live yoghurt (organic)
- 1 heaped scoop vanilla protein powder
1) Place the strawberries close together on two individual skewers.
2) Mix the protein powder and yoghurt thoroughly in a bowl and spread over the strawberry sticks, covering evenly
3) Place the ice cream sticks on a tray with both sides of the stick balancing on the edges so that the yoghurt layer doesn’t come into contact with the tray’s surface area. Place the tray in the freezer and wait 15-20 minutes for them to freeze.
4) Prior to serving, take out of the freezer and let them thaw for approximately 5 minutes, to soften slightly.
HEALTH BENEFITS – Jack’s comment:
Let’s face it. Everyone’s a sucker for ice cream. I have a theory that if you don’t like ice cream, you’re weird 😉
So if you’re anything like me, and you want to be able to indulge in the things you miss once in a while, without adhering from healthy nutrition, dessert recipes like this are a great way to do it. Not that there’s anything wrong with the occasional ‘real’ ice cream or dessert… But let’s be honest – they won’t help you with your health goals or weight loss, whereas these ice cream sticks can actually work to your advantage because of the blood sugar stabilising protein in the yoghurt layer and the antioxidant content of the strawberries.
They are also low in calories and dietary fat.